I am very excited to announce that I have been nominated for a Mystery Blogger Award!!! I am so extremely grateful and excited!!!!
OK. But if you’re like me you may be thinking, but what does this MEAN? I have to admit that I’ve heard of the Mystery Blogger Award, even found some really great blogs that way through other blogger’s nominations, but I didn’t really know what it signified. So the type A in me did some research. According to my Google search it is an award:
“for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get.”
Wait. And you’re sure I’M nominated for this? My first thought was, “Oh no! I suck. I mean, I haven’t even written a blog in like a month, because, um, life.” And even before that I hadn’t been feeling my usual inspirational self so I had resorted to writing about, well, food. I’m not worthy!!!
But all jokes aside, my second, and most prevailing, thought was one of pure gratitude. Thank you so incredibly much Love Infusion for nominating me. Please, everyone, check out her blog. She, like me, doesn’t take herself too seriously. And once she even wrote an inspirational rap.
OK. Again, I’m new at this and not sure of the protocol so, just like everything else in my life, I’m going to wing it.
Three Things About Me:
- I love my cat, Logan, so much I’m basically a crazy cat lady. I bought him a Cavs jersey to wear when I watch the games at home. (If you don’t know who the Cavs are, they are a basketball team from Cleveland and I am a die hard fan!)
- I’m currently studying for my first level sommelier exam which I take in one week in Vegas. (part of the reason I haven’t been blogging, sorry!) A sommelier is basically a wine expert sooooo… I’ve been drinking A LOT of wine.
- I write a column for a magazine called “The Sugarzine”. It’s a great magazine focusing on women and their careers, and a bunch of other positive ish. Check it out here: The Sugarzine
The Questions I Was Given:
- What event, if any, started your spiritual awakening? This one is easy as I’ve mentioned it from my very first blog Who Am I? Six years ago my whole life pretty much fell apart. I was engaged and we broke up in pretty horrific fashion, I ended up homeless, his dog killed my cat, and I got in not one, but two car accidents… all in one month. It was pretty much Armageddon. I decided something had to change because I wasn’t exactly doing so hot. A friend of mine invited me to go see Marianne Williamson teach from “A Course of Miracles” and I was hooked.
- When & why did you start blogging? I started blogging September 2017. I was feeling very stuck in life, I hated my job, and I was feeling generally unfulfilled creatively. I had been hearing a little voice in my head telling me to write something combining humor and spirituality, and after about two years of nagging I finally listened. Mostly to make it shut up. But found it really energizing and rewarding!
- Share your biggest nugget of wisdom. Oh, geez. I’m hardly an expert! Ask my parents how many times I still, at 34, call them crying over some problem. But I would say my best nugget of wisdom would be to learn how to fall in love with not knowing. I heard that at a conference and have been learning to live it. We are way too hard on ourselves and I think that if we learned that it’s OK not to have all the answers right this second then we would all be a little happier, and a little more in love with life.
- Define happiness: What happened to easy questions, Love Infusion??? Haha, love you! Happiness to me is traveling to somewhere I’ve never been, eating some local cuisine paired with local wine, and just being in the moment. Happiness is also reading a book curled up in my popozon chair in my freshly cleaned apartment. So I guess happiness is being truly present in the moment no matter what you’re doing and relishing every second of it.
- What is something very few people know about you? As you can see I like to talk, or type, A LOT. This is hard. Very few people know that I can wiggle my ears. But even that I show to people sometimes! I can also play two songs on the guitar. “Fare the Well” from “Inside Llewyan Davis” and “Sedona” by Houndmouth.
- What is the thing that you want other bloggers to know about you most? I want everyone to know that even though I try to write about spirituality and teachings, I struggle with following every principle, too. My goal is to bring about hope and change through comedy. If you can laugh at my shortcomings then maybe you won’t be so hard on yourself. Just keep practicing!
Whew! I did it! Now for my nominees!
I WOULD LOVE TO NOMINATE:
And here are my questions for you:
- What is the most exhilarating thing you’ve every experienced?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- What is your favorite food and do you remember where you first ate it?
- If you are in a bad mood what do you do to cheer yourself up?
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
- Tell us about your most embarrassing moment. (sorry!)
Thank you so much again to Love Infusion for nominating me! This really helped to inspire me and get me back on track. So I promise more content coming ASAP! I just had to finally get one of those dumb things, what are they called? Oh, yeah. A job. So been adjusting, but you inspired me to get back on track!!
So much love to you all!